Maplewood Country Club in Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
In 1908 a group of civic minded citizens organized under the name of the Valley Land Company for the purpose of providing the youth of the community a location to further their recreation needs. A lease was made on March 2, 1908 for the property of Charles De Grasse, located on the south side of Baker Street, west of Valley Street. The land consisted of 11.17 acres. There was a frame barn on the Baker Street frontage and it is on this site that our clubhouse was built.