Birchwood Manor in Whippany, Whippany, NJ
A sunny tract of land dappled with delicate white birch trees was the site of the original White Birch Grove, where local clubs and organizations held their annual summer outings, popular in the 1950’s. To meet the demand for year round events, a one room facility was built and renamed Birchwood Manor. In 1960, Michael Marino, Jr. initiated the expansion of the original structure. Under his leadership and vision, and with much determination, the twenty acre picnic grove was developed into a full service catering facility of unsurpassed beauty and hospitality.